Electric Company, Inc. has been engaged as electrical contractors
and engineers since 1928 primarily serving the north western section
of Indiana's industrial complex. The majority of its electrical
construction has been for Institutional, Commercial, Industrial, and
Power Plant Projects.
February of 1952, the firm was incorporated, and the name changed to
the present name: Continental Electric Company, Inc.
original office and warehouse for twenty-four years was located at
629 Washington Street, Gary, Indiana. In 1952, the firm moved into
larger quarters at 439 Connecticut Street, Gary, Indiana. In 1965,
due to a steady growth pattern and the need for additional
facilities, the firm relocated to 640 West Fifth Avenue, Gary,
Indiana but still utilized the 439 Connecticut Street site for
current office, warehouse, and storage yard complex is located at
9501 East Fifth Avenue, Gary, Indiana. It was built in 1978 and is
presently located on a five and one half acre plot with an excess of
24,000 square feet of office and warehouse space.